Why Do You Need Proper Ventilation?
Roofs and attic spaces have two major enemies in all homes: heat build-up and moisture accumulation. Left unchecked these forces can cause a premature deterioration of the roof structure and materials as well as damaging insulation and increasing energy cost.
Types of damage that can result include:
- Premature aging of your roofing system (“fried” shingles)
- Warping, cracking, or breaking down of wood framing
- Damage to siding, exterior or interior paint, and wallpaper
- Higher energy costs
Additional structural damage can include:
- Roof deck warping and rotting of the wood frame
- Mildew growth
- Buckling of shingles and felt
The only defense is proper attic ventilation.
Roof Ridge Ventilation
Balanced Ridge Vent and Soffit Vent
An effective well-balanced roof ventilation system allows air to move in a pattern that results in a uniformly cool attic space prolonging roof life and increasing living comfort.
- Optional Pneumatic Nail Gun or Hammer Installed
- Two Coils of 1¾” Nails Provided
- Patented Design Brings You the Truly Functional Roll Out
- Compact 30-Foot Roll is Easy to Handle
- Adjusts from 2/12 to 16/12 Roof Pitches
- Superior Weather Protection and Performance with No Filter to Clog
- Exterior Convolute Baffles – Incurved Design Allows Flexibility to Roll Up and Out While Maintaining its Shape
- Can be Cut at One-Foot Intervals – Multiple Cut Lines Eliminates Unnecessary Scrap
- Patented Molded Fanfold End Plugs – No Accessories or Alterations Needed
- Molded Centerline for Fast and Easy Alignment
- Field Tested Design – Proven Effective Under All Weather Conditions
- The Air Flow Acceleration Design – Maximizes Ventilation Capacity
- Omni Baffles Mean Air Flow from Any Direction
- Nail Holes Marked Every 6 Inches – Supported Every Foot – Will Not Crush Down
- Full 11 Sq. In. of Net Free Area per Linear Foot
- Engineered Material Guarantees Longevity
- 30-Year Transferable Warranty
- This is an Exhaust Louver
“O’Hagin’s manufactures over 200 different profile models to match, as closely as possible, the surrounding roofing material.”
O’Hagin’s, Inc. is known worldwide as a leading designer and manufacturer of top quality, state-of-the-art attic ventilation solutions and is recognized for its industry-leading efforts in research and development.